Monday 6 June 2011

Gruelling Weekend

I'm riding in the Scottish Bikeathon, 26 miles through the Highlands in aid of Leukeamia & Lymphoma Research. I'm doing it with the widow of my friend Piet Ketelaar, in his memory.

I've raised £255 in four days. My target is £1,000 by the day of the ride, June 19th.

If any blogmates out there are prepared to sponsor me, I'd be hugely grateful. You can make a payment online at justgiving.com/leighforbes.

It's not part of the event, but I'm also planning to climb Cairn Toul, the UK's 4th highest mountain, the day before the bikeathon... It's going to be a gruelling (but ace) weekend!

2 comments:

Milla said...

Goodness, what a feat, and good for you! I'd no more get a bike out than I would a ukelele but your cause is good. Good luck with it.

Leigh Forbes said...

Thank you, Milla. My bike-riding's not great, but it's better than my ukelele playing! They'd pay me not to do that, I'm sure!